Site Contents :
- Information Management – A tool to use Knowledge
- Information Management is Knowledge of Requirements
- Using a PDA for Information Management
- Information Management Systems Security
- Best practices in Information Management System
- Securing your Information Management System
- Disaster Management
- Empowering Business Competitiveness
- Using Information Management System for Customer Service
- Management of Corporate Contacts
- Building Blocks of Information Management System
- CMS as a part of Information Management System
- Life Cycle of Information
- Managerial Accounting using Information Management System
- Managing Sales using Information Management System
CMS as a part of Information Management System
What is a CMS or Content management system? CMS is a system of putting up organization data which needs to be available to the users. CMS an integral part of the Information Management System in any organization. Usually the organizations run tow CMS – one is for Internet, which is for the public at large, and another on the Intranet for the use of its employees internally. Both the internet and the intranet versions may use the same CMS backbone or may employ different ones depending upon the requirements of the organization. Having decided to implement a CMS on the internet or the intranet, the management of the organization must now decide upon the CMS itself. There are again two options available. One is to go for a ready made solution and the other is to develop a CMS in-house. Usually as the organization is to a software development company in-house development is not recommended as maintenance of an in-house system is a not cost effective solution. The suggested option is go for a ready made CMS from a reputed company which regularly keeps on upgrading the CMS through constant development. While choosing a CMS to become an integral part of your Information Management System it is important to understand the needs of the organization, the features which are absolutely essential, and the features which are essential in a good CMS you should look have been stated below.
Pleasse feel free to contact us for any reason. We will be glad to assist you in whatever way we can. You can view the Contact page for more information. We will respond as soon as possible. You can expect a reply from us within 24 hours or less.
The CMS must be able to serve dynamic content to the users and it should enable the administration to customize the structure of such serving which may include structured data as well as serving free form data like articles and all these without writing any code of program in a consistent user interface. The CMS must have separate templates for presentation of data and the content of data. These template systems should provide flexibility with out the use of any programming. Skinning must be possible. The CMS must have scope of integration of ecommerce in case it is being deployed on the internet.