Site Contents :
- Information Management – A tool to use Knowledge
- Information Management is Knowledge of Requirements
- Using a PDA for Information Management
- Information Management Systems Security
- Best practices in Information Management System
- Securing your Information Management System
- Disaster Management
- Empowering Business Competitiveness
- Using Information Management System for Customer Service
- Management of Corporate Contacts
- Building Blocks of Information Management System
- CMS as a part of Information Management System
- Life Cycle of Information
- Managerial Accounting using Information Management System
- Managing Sales using Information Management System
Information Management System is the backbone of any business today and every efforts should be made to protect it from any kind of disaster, whether it is natural, man-made intentional or accidental. The Information Management System of the organization should be able to face any threats of disaster. Disaster management is a very complex system which involves a systematic approach. As it cost a good sum of money we need to understand and analyze the cost and the benefit of such disaster management schemes. The basic disaster management involves a simple regular backup strategy which involves the backup of the Information Management System data on a regular basis following a predefined process and frequency. Usually the grandfather-father-son approach is followed for rotation of backup media where the information to be backed up is not very large and the time taken for backup does not hamper the normal working of the Information Management System. However, where the Information Management System consists of several servers and workstations the backup solutions have to be custom made and should be automated for rotation of backup media. Unusually every week day an incremental backup is taken and on the week end a complete backup is taken. All complete backups in any strategy of backup should be stored at another place offsite.
Pleasse feel free to contact us for any reason. We will be glad to assist you in whatever way we can. You can view the Contact page for more information. We will respond as soon as possible. You can expect a reply from us within 24 hours or less.
With the emergence of technology and the advancement of communications channels and availability of very high speed data networks organizations like banks which cannot afford to go offline even for a second have to setup very complex disaster management facilities. These organizations have a central data warehouse at their office location which is connected over high speed links using wires or wireless or through the internet to another facility which is setup at quite a distance most often thousands of miles. This remote facility mirrors every single byte of information stores on the organizations main data center in real-time basis and is ever ready to take over the function of the main data center seamlessly should any disaster strike the data center. Bigger organization may even have tow mirrors in different countries connected remotely for 100% guarantee against disaster.