Site Contents :
- Information Management – A tool to use Knowledge
- Information Management is Knowledge of Requirements
- Using a PDA for Information Management
- Information Management Systems Security
- Best practices in Information Management System
- Securing your Information Management System
- Disaster Management
- Empowering Business Competitiveness
- Using Information Management System for Customer Service
- Management of Corporate Contacts
- Building Blocks of Information Management System
- CMS as a part of Information Management System
- Life Cycle of Information
- Managerial Accounting using Information Management System
- Managing Sales using Information Management System
Life Cycle of Information
What exactly are information life-cycles and its management? What are the best practices involved in information life-cycle system. Companies are still in the development phase of evolving best practices in information life-cycle management. There are no given rules and regulations. The evolution is totally need based development and usually keeps evolving over time. By enforcing the best practice in information life-cycle management the cost involved in handling and storage of data is reduced and the security of the data gets enhanced. New techniques of data protection are being evolved every day and the Information Management System must implement clear ruses as to the use and storage of data across the organization. It is the duty of the management to decide what data to store and of how much time to store. This requirement involves all the concerned departments, their needs are studied and then a decision and policy is framed keeping in mind the cost of data storage and preservation. The Information Management System has to cater to all the departmental needs of all departments of the organization. The data life cycle has to be decided by the concurrence of all the user department s and considering the statutory and legal requirement of data preservation.
Pleasse feel free to contact us for any reason. We will be glad to assist you in whatever way we can. You can view the Contact page for more information. We will respond as soon as possible. You can expect a reply from us within 24 hours or less.
The IT infrastructure requirement has to be planned accordingly keeping in mind the perceived growth of atleast the next five years. The data life-cycle should always leave an audit trail so that at nay given point of time information should be available as to who assessed the data and what addition or deletion or changes were made to the data and by whom. The currently used data should be retrievable on demand and the low usage and demand data can be placed in the archives. Effective data management can be used only with a good archival system in place. Together with the archival system, the Information Management System must have in built disaster management and recovery processes and procedures.